View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2004
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Yes--thanks for the log, the developments, and to the patchers. The forecast is interesting too (no NIO?).

The icons were a pleasant surprise, and the way the tabs are drawn in Panther much nicer.

A few bugs--the color of the Connectionn quality meter doesn't change with the theme (and changing themes still reduces font size).
a magnet request received on my G3 triggers quite a few bug reports (NPE) and blank lines in the Monitor Uploads pane. Running the mouse over the blank lines shows data which quickly goes back to blank, and scrolling the pane fills the Console with many more NPE reports. The workaround is to check Always discard bug reports (not a good idea) and also check auto-clear completed uploads.

On the G4 running Panther, choosing "Magnet details for file" gives an error in Internet Explorer (could not open url...). but works in Safari when it is set to be the default browser.

Making magnets is a really useful tool--thanks! There's another entry for TOTD. I must have missed when that contextual menu was added. Has it been there for a long time?

btw--running LW on the G4 for the first time since it was updated to Panther triggered a bus error and a java crash which was sent to Apple. I kept the logs if needed. After restarting the G4 in Safe boot, LW ran fine.

cheers