Thread: Corrupted Files
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2004
Apprentice

Paladoris is flying high

It doesn't seem to be the system, though. I'd sincerely doubt it'd be the sound card. It seems to just be that the files themselves are screwy. I'll get a notice all the time from Limewire saying "We've detected a corruption in this here file, wanna go ahead anyway?", and I usually just click yes because 'corruption' usually just means that somehow it got screwed up so there's a skip or hiccup or two in the song. I don't believe it has anything to do with my computer just not being able to play the songs, as it plays regular CDs fine, and when I actually do get a successful, uncorrupted download, it plays fine and burns fine. All I was complaining about was the fact that it's very rare, at least in the things I'm looking for, to find a song that plays perfectly all the way through without skips, and in turn burns to a CD. Finding the files in the first place is a tough gig, having them be corrupted just makes matters frustrating. I used Bearshare for a little while before and it had the same problem.