Thread: Corrupted Files
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2004
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladoris
It doesn't seem to be the system, though.
Well, here we are again, Paladoris !
Just EXACTLY what system does it not seem to be ?
Quote:
I'd sincerely doubt it'd be the sound card.
Don't necessarily bet any money on that, and remember that I said, "Sound card and/or drivers..."
(But, I do hope you are right !)
Quote:
It seems to just be that the files themselves are screwy. I'll get a notice all the time from Limewire saying "We've detected a corruption in this here file, wanna go ahead anyway?",...
Ah... The little problem of NO INFO !

To date, we have been able to learn that you are using some version of LimeWire and Sonic RecordNow! on some sort of computer with some type of Operating System.

You also have not stated what 'player' you are using and whether or not you have tried any other player(s).
Quote:
I don't believe it has anything to do with my computer just not being able to play the songs, as it plays regular CDs fine,...
"CD's" use different drivers - different codecs... Not the same as .mp3 or .ogg or ape or...
Also, depending on your machine and its peripherals, you may be using very, very few of your machines 'resources' when 'playing a CD' as it is entirely possible that your CD-ROM/player is doing most of the work... i.e. not accessing your Hard Drive or using any great share of processor time/resources.
Quote:
... and when I actually do get a successful, uncorrupted download, it plays fine and burns fine...
Interesting. This is some information to go on...

BUT,...
Quote:
Originally posted by Paladoris
...every song I try to download has some sort of corruption in it...
... it turns out none of them work.
... is what you said in your first post.
Rather different, hmmm ?
Quote:
All I was complaining about was the fact that it's very rare, at least in the things I'm looking for, to find a song that plays perfectly all the way through without skips, and in turn burns to a CD.
An understandable complaint.
However -
Quote:
I used Bearshare for a little while before and it had the same problem.
Oh, Oh !!!

99.99% sure that you have some form of problem on/with your machine.

Please try with another 'burner' and another 'player'.

I am not ignoring the importance of the 'message' you get in LimeWire. But, is that message being reported when you use the player or after you have completed a download...

Also, are you certain that this is not a problem related to a heavily fragmented Hard Disk ?

And, pretty please ???????
More info so that others can help you more quickly and more accurately, OK ?

p.s. Not that this will cheer you up, but, for many, many years I have said to people that,
"If Hi-Fi worked the same way as computers we'd all be playing in kazoo bands !"
Think about it... Aren't computers fun ???