Thread: Corrupted Files
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2004
Apprentice

Paladoris is flying high

Allrighty, I'm using a 3 week old HP Pavilion, Windows XP, and Limewire 3.8.6. I omitted that because I don't think that's the problem. What I think is going on is that people that I'm downloading from just have corrupted files. From what you've been answering (though the help is most definitely appreciated), I'm not sure that you understand exactly what I'm talking about. I'll download a song, it'll say "Limewire detected a corruption", I'll go ahead and get it anyway. I play the song and it skips, like a skip on a song from a scratched CD or something, and because of this skip, caused by the corruption in the data, the file won't burn to CD, probably because of some screwup in the data from the corruption. That's why I don't think it has anything to do with the OS, cause I'd encounter this every once in awhile with Kazaa, but not often. I just figured there's been an increase in people who's files are screwy. My questions were simply "Can you burn corrupted files to CD with a different burner", and "Where the heck do I get uncorrupted files"? As to my comment about none of the downloads being uncorrupted, yes it was an exaggeration. No, they're not all corrupted. Yes, most of them are. Yes, it's a rare occurence to find one that's not.

So, to wrap it all up, I think that the corruption causes the skip that causes the screwy data that causes the unburnable track, indicated by Limewire telling me that it's corrupted at a certain point in the download, verified by the fact that it skips at about the point that I was told it was when I preview it.