View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2004
lazy dragon - retired mod

Morgwen is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by rubaiyat
I understand why you might ask that but from the point of the user who wants better performance this is not a good comparison. P derives much of its performance from being a superclient.
I think it would give you the anwser you are searching for but its your decision... and nobody said you should leave it with only one network.

Quote:
You keep repeating I should learn to configure my firewall. I have it turned off, is that not enough? And port forwarding I thought was just to get through the firewall.
I meant this in general, this is a very common problem. About port forwarding yes you need it to go through a firewall, but only if you canīt set it up - at work or universities for exaample.

Quote:
I'm hesitent to give out my settings to just anyone reading this forum
I really donīt know why we discussed the days? You donīt want to test the things I suggest and ask to improve your settings but donīt give any information about them...

Quote:
It is real world DLs in LW that are slow and mostly broken.
Argh... test it with YOUR client and we will see if this is a Limewire problem or a general Gnutella problem or one of the dozen things we guessed...

Morgwen

Last edited by Morgwen; February 27th, 2004 at 11:22 AM.