View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2004
Novicius

tedy814 is flying high
Default Downloads and connections for Newbie

I aplogize if this has been answered and I just haven't located the same questions. New here and frustrated. I am trying to download movie.

1. I have read the connection issues with Waiting for Busy hosts and I just have to be patient......But how patient? 1 week? Or should I search again and try something else?

2. It says connecting.....and has said that on and off all day (4 stars). Once in awhile it will go back to Waiting for Busy hosts and several times it went to Awaiting sources, then back to connecting. Never has connected that I can tell. Is all this normal and can you explain in better detail what each status means.

3. Need more sources: This one started right off with connecting and then went to need more sources. Have tried to locate more sources a couple fo times and nothing. Again, should I try a different type file or BE MORE PATIENT?

4. Maybe, sum up the "average" time it takes to locate and start an actual download?

5. What is the best file type for DVD quality files for burning to DVD and then playing in my DVD player attached to my TV?

6. I have downloaded one movie that appears to come in Part 1 and Part 2. If I download Part 1, How am I sure of which Part 2 goes with it. There are several.

7. On Part 2 of above, I downloaded one and it has an error 1/2 way through the file----invalid file format. So I downloaded Part 2 (IT WORKS) (this is what was in the file name) and it has the same error. Part 1 seems to work fine. Anyway to report this back to the user providing the file?

Sorry this is so lengthy, but will REALLY, REALLY appreciate any input.

If I can better understand the status messages, may help alot.
When to be patient and when to try another source, etc....

Tedy