View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2004
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Congrats again--the community search is a really interesting idea. I thought it meant (intuitively) that it would search by country, or perhaps media type, but the 'new' idea is cool. The layout is easy on the eyes, but I'll need some more practise before I can work it comfortably.

I was surprised to see video returned the most "New" results. I guess the "gnutella is mostly for mp3's idea is being challenged.

some oddities--the window header showed "disconnected" for a long time after startup, even though I was connected as an UP and uploads were going on.

--.lit extensions only show in the "any type" filter--I'd expected them to show as "documents"

Glad to say I haven't seen those NPE's on the Monitor Pane yet (sorry--I tried )

And THANKS for the changelog and credits update. I realize such bookkeeping is tedious, but it's OH! so useful. I hope the opensource credits page will be updated soon--it's pretty out of date.

well--back to the workout. Sure is a time to celebrate the success of the project--the numbers on the netstats page just keep getting better.

btw--is there much hope that this beta will help with the connection problems (other than better firewall detection)?