View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2004
Novicius

sebkarlsson is flying high
Default Re: Ode To The Rainbow Coloured Hammerer !

Quote:
Originally posted by ursula
What you are describing is, in fact, a true disaster for any p2p network...
Why ?
Because it is so 'aggressive'.
Using and wasting enormous bandwidth.
It may be nice for you as the 'taker', but consider how you would feel if you were the 'sharer' and your bandwidth was being hammered away at in such a manner.

There are many, many reasons why you may receive the 'dreaded' "Need More Sources"... Far too many to go into now.
But, remember that this is NOT a grocery store or petrol station where you have a right to assume availability on demand.
This is a hobby... Something that far too many people forget.

btw, in the past 4 days I have D/Led 9 files that I have had pending for over 2 months... If it's a file of some sort that you need within a specific time frame... Guess what ?

Go buy it. Or copy it at the library. Or rent it...
p2p for fun ain't no railroad with a timetable !!!

p.s. If you are finding yourself getting all of these desired files practically on demand through Kazaa, might I suggest that you install a cooling fan for your anti-virus app. ???
Right...
Firstly I am amazed that you can write this back as a 'reply'.
I won't go into the fact that you are a 'super moderator' as I have just come on here for the first time with a similar problem to the above, and judging by both the first two moderators responses on this thread... well 'super' should be replaced with another s word with 4 letters.

Anyway, this is a serious issue as I have just upgraded recently to LW Pro 3.8.6 and am not able to d/l anymore. This is both with ****-* users and modem to T3 & above connections.
What happens is that after 15sec's of d/l'ing the connection just cuts to 'need more sources'.
And you sure as hell can't get it started again!!

Another thing to mention to user Murasame: Okay it is a donation, BUT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BENEFIT YOU, OR REWARD YOU ALSO! - I now cannot d/l ANYMORE files since i have upgraded and have posted this news with various p2p newsgroups so the same doesn't happen to them.

Finally, I think Urusla is far too up herself and should post messages that would actually _help_ users, not waste our time!!!

p.s. Kazaa has also brought me no problems (especially if you have kazaa lite) and soul seek is also excellent.