View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2001
Mennonite

If I may jump in and take a poke at this: The Limewire FAQ mentions that the longer you stay connected, and after you prove your bandwidth capabilities, you will be moved towards the centre of the network. Moving to the centre of the network and getting more connections would happen naturally the longer you're connected, of course. But the FAQ mentions that there's something new about V1.0 that facilitates this. Maybe router.limewire.com is giving you rookie connections intentionally at first (based on an uptime report from you?), whereas successful connections to hosts in an old Discovered Hosts list would naturally give you aged hosts.

On a completely seperate topic, is there a bug in 1.4b relating to the Incomplete folder(s)? Cuz they're really getting on my nerves! A folder is created in the installation dir, my c:\ root, and where I want to save my files. This seems to happen only when I don't have a \ (or, in the raw .props file, \\) on the end of my SAVE_DEFAULT or DIRECTORY_FOR_SAVING_FILES.

Editing this file, "fixing" it, making it read-only, then running LimeWire, is funny: LimeWire refuses to quit unless is has permissions to screw up that file!

I'm not sure if this is a bug, which is why I posted it here. Win2k.