View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2004
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

For 2003 Server ?
Sure... That's easy and wise...

Norton ! Works all day on 2003 Server !

All software is the same... unfortunately... There are always aspects of a program that you must 'come to grips with'... often poorly or 'lightly' documented stuff...
The Live Update issue (especially regarding the very first time) is just a matter of lerning a few 'quirks' --- In the Live Update case, there is this stupid sequence where you are prompted and allowed to update 'everything'... Well, about 10% of that cannot be completed because another update must first be installed and running... Naturally, THEY don't put stuff in the right order... no big deal...
In fact, the major update steps often require 4-5 goes, one after the other, as each new level of update also allows further updates to be called for...
Patience in setting it up the first time also really pays...

99% of the nonsense spoken about Norton is ridiculous...
The only real 'problems' with The A-V program is that it simply isn't viable on 98/98se machines with less than 600mHz or so CPU. Norton Internet security is not the same problem and if you run that - with the included main A-V Pro program not set to Autoprotect - it will behave on 98/98se machines...

I have tried many combinations and nothing gives me greater protection than Norton Internet Security Professional, Adaware Professional and PeerGuardian.
Oh, and a 'hosts' file that I update manually

Trust it...

BTW, the best way, indeed the ONLY way, to avoid problems with attacks and viruses is to use someone else's machine !

Last edited by ursula; March 19th, 2004 at 05:04 PM.