View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2004
Novicius

scout is flying high
Default dmg.

Stief,

Thanks for your insights. Based on a review of past threads, I notice I'm not the first to run up against this problem. Perhaps it'd be helpful to everyone if we followed this thru to resolution, because I never would have posted in the first place if there'd have been a more thoroughly understandable remedy then what's appeared before.
Frankly, I've got no problem appearing as computer illiterate and, in hopes of quelling future questions that deal with exactly the same issue, let's talk.
I tried what you suggested and placed a 22.1 mb dmg. file in my disc utility program. I followed, I believe, the instructions and put the damn thing on my hard drive. It transferred OK and, as a result, had become a file that (according to "get info") had ballooned to 2.2 gigs in size. It did show an install image and a pdf read me file, but I couldn't get either of these to open. Is there something that can be explained in an elementary manner that would give a newbie some idea of what any of this means? I know it's asking for a tone down in cybernese terminology, but there's little doubt others will be accessing this thread who are concerned about looking stupid and just won't ask, thus losing out on the options available.
Thanks