View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2004
Gnutella Admirer

rubaiyat is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by riaahater1
dumbass this limewire form isn't for dissing limewire.
Putting your head in the sand seems to be a career move around here.

Are you all Enron ex-employees?

A discussion of any subject should include its suitability for the task proposed. As well as bugs, performance and compatibility issues. Not just "nice paint job".

I have scoured these forums for postings on LimeWire performance and have found a common thread of dissatisfaction from many Mac OSX users. The recommended solutions are mostly tactical methods of obtaining successful DLs which apply to any client (I worked those out years ago).

I have tested LW transfers directly with another user and they went quickly and smoothly enough. It is the real world transfer that is so unsuccessful. In my experience LW does not maintain connection and transfer for long enough periods to complete files. It seems to connect and drop off over and over again, so the result is very little finishes.

I am able to compare that to my alternatives with the same machine and and network settings and there is really no comparison. That is achieved without major fiddlings with settings, firewalls or network.

But I am not supposed to notice that!

btw Some of the postings here show a distinct ignorance of Mac issues, so the comments are not too surprising.