View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2004
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Well really, that news came everywhere fast because it is a mac os x first, and windows users we're so jealous they kept saying we weren't immune which is true, and it happened today. However this is a potential trojan. Not an identified one. The range of infection of this "potential" trojan between mac users seems small to me. However, it affects more people like us who use P2P to share and download non copyrighted music

Normally, potential holes in os code are found by hackers and independant security experts, the fact that Intego found that one and sells an antivirus sure look suspicious to me, and we shall all be vigilent about that. But now that an hole is indentified (not sure if it is verified by independant sources), if someone can use it easily, the trojan will come soon enough I'd say by the summer, if not, it might be a scam to sell software that slows down mac

Bonne soirée à tous

Mise À Jour, Stief the macbidouille.com has a translation in english sister site for the french incompetents http://hardmac.com/niouzcontenu.php?...004-04-08#1882 In summary, the potential trojan can delete user files, but not system files. Also this only affects carbon based apps (like itunes) and a potential fix should be easy for Apple to produce (so fu*ck the AV companies on os x )

En passant macbidouille.com is the most accurate and informed web site on the mac I know, all should read it. English equivalents can't compare to it, but isn't french le langage de la raison

Last edited by et voilà; April 8th, 2004 at 07:14 PM.