View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2004
Novicius

wynters_nyght is flying high
Exclamation More sources needed, tried everything I can find

OK, I have the $20 version of Limewire. I have been going through the posts all morning, looking for something to help me with this, and I think it's because I am on a router, and I know how to port forward, I just don't know the settings.

I am on comcast.
I have a NetGear router.
I have enabled the force port in the firewall settings and chosen it as 6346.
I am on a static IP, because the automatic doesn't allow me to connect to the internet on our home network.

Now. I read about the RAZA. Unfortunatly I got this P2P for only one reason - I want to dl the [Edit] books in pdf format because they're out of print and people are selling them for way more than they are worth. I can only find them on RAZA.

SO, I dl the Shareaza software, thinking it will be better to dl from the source. I am having the same problem there where it is in a perpetual state of "pending". Their help site actually TOLD me how to get the port forwarding to work, gave me the server name, the port (also 6346) and then I put in my IP address, which I think is 198.168.0.4 (at least that is what it is in my network settings under IP and DNS). I even pushed the port on Shareaza. It still isn't working.

I also use Mammouth, for music downloads, which has been working fine, but they don't seem to have the pdfs I need.

How do I make this work to have my life be happy so I can download a few books and then be on my way?

Last edited by ursula; April 20th, 2004 at 03:23 AM.