View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2004
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Well congrats to all once again--and thanks for the clear changelog Sam. Looks like you are challenging the tech writers

[silentmusings: see if this helps http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=24950 ]

So much to say, so little space, but overall this looks to show that LW's development plans are really working well.

THEX seems to work well (hard to say since it's one of those invisible fixes. Still, I tried downloading large videos that used to trigger corrupt messages, but so far no go, which is good). What will you kickstart next trap_jaw?

Speaking of open sourcers, when will the Open Source Hall of Fame be updated? I keep checking to see when (if?) Jens-Uwe, Roger, and the Unknown Coders will be listed on http://www.limewire.org/

re search filters: I don't like the loss of real estate the left panel takes, but I'm finding it indispensible. Especially when browsing through the "what's new" results, the ability to quickly sort 100's of entries is habit-forming. I rarely minimize the left panel anymore, so it's habit forming, and the What's New button is depressingly addictive. I guess this feature will be quickly copied by the spam outfits.

re themes:
In both OS 10.2 and 10.3, the arrow that collapses multiple sources doesn't show in the OSX theme. Switching to the default theme and back to the OSX theme makes it reappear, but a "repeat search" loses the arrow again.

btw, which are the themes with the OSX (not Windows look-and-feel) menu bar? I was afraid to try too many in case they burned out my screen or triggered flashbacks. Perhaps the themes could be classified further under something like "Style"?

i.e
Discreet
Conservative
Fruity
Psychodelic
sk8tRz
Geocitiies

other topics for later:
-can't browse Acquisition connections
-font size needs to be also reduced in stats
-new incomplete/download icons are confused by an unshared download folder
-Shareaza Peer displays vendor as code (?) when browsed