View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2004
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the reply and info Sam

Ah--the arrows! That explains some 'gui freezes' when a results from a 3000 shares host is loading. I'd thought it was because of memory swapping (vocab?). It's good the arrow function will still be available (I use them to see who else is sharing one of the files shared by my other computer). btw--the power management looks to be working. A few quick checks now show ~10% CPU use here: I used to expect 50-70%.

re the icons (I like! Please have them also reflect the contents of an UNshared download folder). Also, attempting a download of a file already in my UNshared download folder creates a "red" file in the Incomplete folder despite cancelling the download via the proper dialog that pops up. I have to manually delete the 0KB file or it triggers the 'incomplete' icon on subsequent searches. btw--magnets don't trigger the " overwrite existing . . .?" message ( I have to delete it from my unshared download folder before I can download a test magnet).

--I do hope the open source credits/Hall of Fame gets to be a priority. None of my business, but since they eschew the fortune, they deserve the fame. [pompous analogy]Even paid coders deserve recognition, and they need a predictable payday. The changelogs are like screen credits after a movie--boring for many but much appreciated by those who care. Film stars need their annual Academy Awards?[/PA]

--the splash screen (Aubrey's?) is the new one that shows when LimeWire is starting up. It looks two-dimensional to me, much like the graphics I saw before monitor resolutions could handle thousands or millions of colours. Not important--just a passing impression.

--Yes--gbildson. I wondered at all his code entries. Saw words like COBS and UDP, which reminded me of the GDF. I idly speculated maybe LW was going to do like Vinnie and be able to flip a bit and allow 150,000 less or lots more leafs to connect. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/the_gdf/message/19579

--Double-clicked a Shareaza 1.8.9.17 incoming leaf (not peer--my mistake) which displayed in the vendor column of the search results as follows:

Again--thanks and congrats on this beta. I think et voilą is prophetic!

(I'm back to the official beta, and now NO acqx in connections)
Attached Images
File Type: png raza code 4.png (9.0 KB, 341 views)