View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2001
Madninistrator (Member):)

Beckerist is flying high
Talking Hmmmmmm.

I can't tell if this is an advertisement or a sincere warning. The software/website looks promising, but if you really feel that you need to have parental filtering, use Bearshare. The only true way of using parental filtering is to be sitting in the room with your child. I know that isn't possible in some cases, but using some programs (such as those provided by Iopus.com) the internet could be monitored very well, without the use of purchased program (yes I know iopus.com does offer some shareware programs, but they still are fully functional for a limited time). I am not advertising this website, I am just showing whats out there, which could very well be what This company is doing, but I am fairly suspicious of this post.<br>In conclusion () I feel the best way to monitor your child's use of the internet is by either being with them while they are online, periodically checking the Temporary Internet Files, or History of internet sites visited, using completely seperate programs to do this monitoring for you, or simply talk with your child and set standards.