Thread: LimeWire 3.9.10
View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2004
LimeWire is International

verdyp is flying high

stief posted: Thanks for the earlier info Philippe, and for all your gnutella/LW work too

May be I should add to visitors of this forum that, despite my involvement to the LimeWire project, I am not a LimeWire employee and not a contractant; just a volontary contributor to the open-source project, where I perform beta-tests, suggest corrections, try isolating bugs or performance bottlenecks.

I try to follow all the LimeWire development (as well as the discussions in the GDF group where the evolution of the Gnutella protocol and its usage policy is heavily discussed and debated), but sometimes I may give errors in my responses here and a LimeWire crew will correct me.

I manage most of the work related to incoming translations. Also I am maintaining the French translation up-to-date, and I help translators or contributors that write to the LimeWire "translate" mailing-list.

I also created the "Amber" theme for LimeWire (because I like very basic, non-distracting, themes without bold characters and many colors, and because it was missing to allow displaying correctly some languages written with scripts with complex glyphs (like Chinese or Korean).

I needed this clean theme to test LimeWire in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, and Hindi Devanagari (I used random text for Thai, Korean and Devanagari because we still need translation contributors for these languages).

Last edited by verdyp; May 16th, 2004 at 04:51 PM.