View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2001
Apprentice

TanRanger is flying high
Default Port problem solved, but Weird JAVA

I had been using Lime 1.6d with no problems since it was released.
Then, recently, I started getting the "No port" problem so I uninstalled and used the "1.6d_1.1.8" version instead... Didn't fix anything.
I completely uninstalled JRE 2... still fixed nothing.
Finally, I downloaded JRE 2 from Sun and installed it... THEN I installed the regular Lime1.6d release... problem solved.

But now I have a new problem.

With the JRE2(1.3.1) from Sun installed... I no longer get incoming connections from hosts. All my host connections are outgoing only. But all of my settings are the same as they used to be. My firewall is still forwarding the same port to my machine's IP... and I'm still doing a "Force to IP" on the same IP. But I don't get incoming connections anymore. I used to have MOSTLY incoming connections. Now I get ZERO! not less, not a few, but NONE!

I haven't a clue... I didn't think changing the JRE would have this effect.

I used to get lots (and lots and lots...) of people attempting to download from me. Now, I seldom see any of their attemts in my "Monitor" window. Oh... and in the "Statistics" display, the number of uploads is only about 0.01% of what it used to be. It's as if I used to have lots of failed uploads (Upload Limit Reached) that were counted as uploads. This might still be the case... but I'm not getting swamped with 100 upload attempts at the same time anymore (many from 192.168.X.X IP addys which cannot connect to me anyway).

Weird Java Voo-Doo or something.