Thread: p2pdownloading
View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2004
Apprentice

anna4343 is flying high
Default p2pdownloading

Now, I'm just an old countryfied lady and not very knowledgeable about high tech things (And lots of other things), but it seems to me that all the music companies that are so reluctant to adequately pay these good artists for their hard work and who keep most of the money for themselves, oughta just shut up and learn to accept the inevitable and unrelenting presence of P2P sharing. P2P sharing is an entity that is here to stay and one that probably will improve over time with the help of artists that want the exposure and good computer programmers that can handle the job.(Such as you folks here in Limewire).If these companies think they can stop all the recording people do, overstate the process as being "Piracy" and threaten all these people with fines and jail sentences, then they have to confiscate all the VCRs, computers and any other recorders from all the people in the entire world and put us all in jail or fine us and frankly, I just don't think they've got that kind of power. I sure as heck hope not! I read about a fella in Connecticut that was fined $4,000..made to clear his hard drive and destroy all his CDs..I wonder what the followup is on that if there is any, and how did he get singled out?..The "Lawman" stood there on TV and said" I hope this shows everybody that we are serious about stopping this piracy"(Maybe I shoulda recorded him for later references?)I just can't believe that I can be told what not to do in the privacy of my own home..Is this also an entity thats not going away? Big Brother???..ANNA..