View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2004
Gnutella Veteran

ElllisD is flying high
Post My List

First off, I'd like to vote against defaulting compression to "on". It slows my machine, I don't need it, and I don't use it. I'd love to see an effective adult filter on the incoming searches page.

Maybe also something that'll slow the scrolling to less than realtime so I can read it without having to constantly toggle the on/off checkbox.

And I don't mind the discussion on the thread, I do however find it kinda sad that there are less suggestion posts than discussion posts. I suspect there are mor like me who've been building a list and haven't yet submitted here.

Here's what I've been wanting since I decided to take notes.

I'd like to be able to click on something other than a file in the list to clear the highlight off the file thats currently highllighted

The buttons at the bottom of the screen disappear when there are 9 tiers of search tabs at the top.

I've noticed while using the LW Pro skin that every hour or so the entire contents of the Java window blanks out to grey for a few seconds, and re-appears just as it was. It reminds me of when the taskbar crashes & comes back.

In the Incomplete folder- I'd like to see the status icons refresh themselves like they do in the search window. I'd also like to be able to select more than one file at a time, and to stay in the incomplete folder window after choosing resume, having the icon change instead of being sent to the download window.

I'd like the current search results to come back up when the app restarts, just as the downloads in progress do.

A warning dialog as the search limit is approached reminding that searches will be rolled off into oblivion if this one proceeds.

How about numbers along the left side of each file line?

In the incomplete folder, I'd like to see a date/time the download was started

When I highlight a page of Need More Sources, unhighlight the selection after I press the Find Sources button so I don't get sent down to the "w's".

I'd like a button that says Place selected file at end of queue, for those connections that sit at 0Kb/s for a long time and only
intermittently speed up, so that faster files in the queue can use the available download slot. Or maybe a user-defined timeout that determines how long a transfer can sit at zero before being automatically placed at the end of the queue. Or maybe give the intermittent low-speed connections a temp slot exempt from download slot limits.

Search option checkboxes, so we can do except searches.

The Tools>Options choices available for each individual search.

Commonly used Tools>Options controls available within their respective section, or maybe a slide out window, or even an airplane cockpit-like all controls on one page layout. Or direct-click access to user-defined options "favorites"

HOTKEYS!!!- Available regardless of window focus.

Exit after (User-Defined) transfers option in system tray context menu.

How about a search button where the chat button used to be which toggles the opening/closing of the left & top panes.

Add ".ape" to the default displayed filetype list.