View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2004
Novicius

MightyMorgan is flying high
Exclamation Awaiting Sources...I'm Going to Scream!

Okay guys... I'm having problems. It's probably just me being impatient, but I want to know if there's anything I can do... so hear me out!

Granted, I'm trying to download a big popular file (a movie), but this is ridiculous! I've searched for it many many times, and I've found what I want to download. I click on it, and it will attempt to connect for a second or two, then say either "waiting for busy hosts" or "awaiting sources". When I search again, the file still shows so I know the user didn't go offline. I've tried resuming and even killing the dowload, then trying to reconnect. Nothing has worked.

I've got over 30 downloads going and one of them is actually doing anything (dowloading merely below 1 kb). It's sad.

If you want particulars, I'm on Windows XP with a wireless connection to cable/broadband. I have a firewall, but have tried running LimeWire with it disabled, and it hasn't helped. Also, I do have the "force IP" option selected. My connection to LimeWire is labeled as "TurboCharged", so I don't know what the problem is here!

I tried a lot of the suggestions in the other posts around the forum, but nothing has helped. It's so frustrating! Tell me what I can do! Do I just have to wait it out?

Sorry, but I'm new to LimeWire (a former KazaaLite user) and I'm still kind of learning the ropes. Any help would be appreciated!

~Morgan~

Last edited by MightyMorgan; June 5th, 2004 at 07:35 PM.