Thread: Bearshare
View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2004
Enthusiast

jordan2 is flying high
Default Bearshare (edited)

I've noticed that it's very difficult to download from others who have Bearshare. (Usually, their files only have 2 stars.) It's also difficult (sometimes impossible) to browse their files even when they are downloading from me. I may have to try several times and even then, it may not work but I never receive a message saying that the host couldn't be browsed. Sometimes only a few of their files will load and other times, they all will. I'm on cable and notice their download speeds from me are almost always around 10k or better but I rarely achieve that when downloading from others.

As it turns out, I am looking for some "hard to find" files and guess whose got them? Bearshare users! After checking out Bearshare, I see it's not mac compatible without virtual pc.

So does anyone know what's going on with the scenario? It seem unfair to Limewire users or am I missing something?

In another post I asked if it's possible to browse ALL of the hosts who have a particular file as we could with the previous version of LW but haven't heard from anyone about that.

Sometimes, several people will have a file but the only option I have now is to "BROWSE" but can't browse, for example, each of 3 different hosts who may a have a particular file. Only one of the hosts can be browsed. I couldn't find anything about this when I searched the forum or in the FAQ but would like to know even if the answer is negative before I go crazy trying to figure it out.

Am I speaking English?

Thanks for some feedback.

Last edited by jordan2; June 18th, 2004 at 06:39 PM.