View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2004
Novicius

dweinin is flying high
Default Downloading- Good Specs- Please help.

I'll try to make this brief. It's a question that comes up a lot I know, but after lots of forum searching I still cannot make things happen with my downloading. I really would like to use LW. I've heard good things about it. Here are my specs and I've outlined my problem below that.

My Specs:

I have a high speed cable connection. With about a 1000kbps download speed, 175 kb per second transfer speed and a 300 kbps upload speed.

Lime Wire Pro 4.0.6- That's me

I have no firewall running. I did a bug test and found my-"received incoming this session to be: "true". I called my ISP Ygnition (out of Huston) and they support p2p networking. They only use port 25. I am using port 6346. I have no router. I connect directly to my cable modem. I'm using a laptop with a 2gig pentium M processor and 512 of ram. I have a Nvidea graphics card too, just in case you're curious. I have disabled all my antivirus and firewall software. I've got the most current version of Java running. Downloading other files from the internet...not a problem. Kazzaa, works well too. My "quality" icon in the bottom left corner of the application usually says, good to turbo charged.

My Problem:

No matter what I try to download, be it a 115 kb file or a 100 meg file. I get no faster download rate then 0 to 4 kbps. Usually 0. LW states I am downloading from many different sources (up to 8 I've gotten) I understand that sometimes "I'm trying to pull from a small bandwidth with a large bandwidth" which basically negates itself to small bandwidth. I usually am trying to download from cable to T3's. And 4 stars are a must. I have tried many, many, many different files to download. From many, many, many different sources. But I haven't gotten LW to download ANYTHING. Even a 50kb file would take something like 5 days.

I see some people here are getting outrageous download speeds- like 130kbps! Unreal! I'd be happy to keep mine around 7. I am obvioulsy missing something. What is it? Working across a network, fire walls and ISP isn't really my things. Any help is greatly apprecieated. I apologize for the redundancy.

Thanks to all in advance-

-D