View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2004
Enthusiast

Fungi14 is flying high
Default Don't pull a Bearshare

Hey guys, I LOVE new features. I don't like it when my options and configurations are taken away because the developers are afraid people don't know how to configure them properly.

As long as Limewire doesn't take away configurability and options I will like it...add all the features you want (event take them away)...but be extremely careful which features you remove and which you "safety proof" because many people don't like to be babied...noone likes to use software that cannot be taimed.

DO NOT DO WHAT BEARSHARE DID, I stress this the most. They took away user options and left only a few options, and the onse they DID keep where only slightly configurable...and were often changed for the "good of the whole"

I like options, I like easy, I like simple, I DO NOT like baby options that cannot be changed for users who know what they are doing. If I can configure Limewire to run better I should be allowed to. I like how the options and configurations are set up currently.

I say it one more time, add features, add ease, add streamlime...but be very very careful what features you change and DO NOT baby proof your client...I refuse to use software that thinks it's smarter than me...which is why when windows messed with my internet I REFORMATED!