View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2004
Disciple

AaronWalsh is flying high
Default Limewire 4.0.7 private sharing

I am glad to hear that Limewire 4.0.7 will have private sharing; it's features such as this that I believe make the product appealing to business users, and worth paying for. There are so many free Gnutella clients out there that I'd guess (just a guess) that many people don't bother to pay for a commercial version (such as Pro) unless they have specific needs that go beyond the features provided by the free tools/products. In my case, for example, I would like a cost-effective p2p tool for sharing files with my co-workers across the Interent (outside of the office network and over the public Internet), which is why I bought Pro and am happy to hear that the next version will allow this. As for the balance between features and ease-of-use that Fungi mentions, I don't have any problems with having private file sharing settings available in the Advanced settings (or elsewhere); I'm just happy to have it!

Thanks again for a great product. I've been using Limewire off and on for years, and when I upgraded to Pro last week I was impressed with the new interface and additional features it offers. Looking forward to private file sharing in the next version.

Aaron