View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2004
Novicius

no idea is flying high
Unhappy guess what,cant connect either

i have winxp, 56k modem,80gb and have used kasaar and winmx as well as limewire, and i love lime wire it is sooo much easier to use except for the fact that it will work then next time i go to use it wont connect. read the fire wall info and opened a port for the gnutella network to go through firewall and it worked for a while then bang cant connect again. so i read some advice in forum, tried to find things through the command prompt it didnt recognise limewire, went through tools and to advanced and the port no was 6348 instead of 6346 as was instructed to enter for firewall to let through. firewall showed 6346. i am reading all this advice given to other people and to tell the truth i dont get half of it, please can anyone help this computer virgin what to do to get it going. also when i check the port is the same through the properties then advanced options it reverts to client.5ub9w5f2 instead of 127.0.0.1 as instructions told me to put in prior to entering the port no of 6346. whats happening to me!!!!!