Thread: What a bummer!
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Thanks for replying to my other thread 'Library items in Red?'

I have a large number of incompletes & now at least 25% are red. Most of these are files that I started to download up to 6 weeks ago (they're mostly the older incompletes.) Organise your incomplete folder by date & you may find the same thing.

Funny you should refer to a 'Ghost' on my thread changing preferences. Only yesterday I found some prefs had mysteriously changed by themselves. My download folder had changed to the incomplete folder 24 hours earlier. Also my share options had included my incomplete folder & another folder which I had not chosen or deleted as share folders when I started with LW 4.0.4 6 weeks ago.

As far as forcing resume, I tried one (& only 1) file which was a very small download & at 60%, & unless I'm mistaken (I might be), it started downloading from 60%. I think I should explore the force resume option a little more before I come to any conclusions. I did notice (but only) a few files in red were ones I had deleted from my download page.

My days to complete dnlds was set to over 600, this is probably what I set it to, but it hasn't so far reverted back to the default 7 days.

Glad to know I'm not the only person with this issue & likewise there must be someone out there with an answer. In the meantime I'll keep monitoring things & try the force resume option with more files to see the result. I wonder if the files in red & preferences ghost are related?!