View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2004
Enthusiast

jordan2 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by murasame
People, these files are not incompletes, although I forget what they are (again, if someone is willing to tell the masses one more time...). Consequently, if you click resume on them then the dld will start at O%.
I am kind of new to this, and don't mean to be argumentative but if they are not incompletes, what the hell are they? I am absolutely positive that the red files in my incomplete library were partially downloaded files. In fact, as I look at the ones I have left in there, I can see exactly how much each one has downloaded, but when I resume the download, they begin at zero.

If these are not an incomplete files, then tell us what they are and how this happens if it's not as I have mentioned: "Days to keep incomplete files" expires as a result of that number arbitrarily changing to less than what I had set it for. Specificallly, mine is set for 365 days but it has changed to default (7) without my having physically changed it. It' s that pesky LimeWire ghost that's wreaking havoc on my files.

The questions I think to be addressed are these.

1) Is there a way to make those files resume where they left off downloading after they changed to red?

2) What is the relationship between downloads.dat and/or downloads.bak and the incomplete files?

3) Would it make sense to back up the entire incomplete folder and could it replace the newly changed one containing red files when this happens?

Surely there is a solution and an explanation of what downloads.dat and downloads.bak are?