View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2004
Novicius

Tim7891 is flying high
Default Recent Searching and Upload problems

I have been using Limewire for some time and have had no problems. however, recently I am having a lot of trouble uploading. I don't get nearly as many hits as I used to, and despite having many shared files, I have not has a successful upload in days. On the rare occasion that someone actually attempts to upload fomr me, something will go wrong before the file is even 1% complete. Also, when searching, I am getting far less results than I once did. Another thing I've noticed is that when I would go to the Monitor menu and click enable incoming searches, I used to get 100s of searches listed per minute. Now, I get maybe 10-20. I have read through this forum briefly and so far have found nothing that would help me. I am having similar problems with my other p2p clients, so I believe it may have something to do with my internet connection or system settings.

I have windows XP operating system, am using Limewire 4.0.7, I have a cable internet connection through AOL, and I believe I am under some sort of firewall (Not sure, this is my father's computer) but it's never caused any problems with Limewire in the past. Somebpdy please inform me of what my problem may be and how to correct it. If anymore information is needed to help solve my problem, please let me know. It would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.