View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2004
Phex Developer

GregorK is flying high

No problem.. if I have time I enjoy to help..

The routing table is basically a condensed table containing all your shared files (I checked, its including your directories). This table is send to your neighbours so they can decide if queries should be forwarded to you since they could generate hits or if its not worth to waste the bandwidth since you might not have anything.

You should definitely use the beta of Phex!

When somebody searches for **edited** and you share it at **edited**/The best of/03.mp3, Phex will only return 03.mp3 currently.. there will be a path addition in the future.
If you search for **edited** and somebody else returns **edited**/The best of/03.mp3, Phex will display you the whole path. But AFAIK there are not many cases you will see a client returning path info. Maybe Gnucleus is using a proprietary extension instead of Gnutella standard.

Ignored download candidates are peers, which you might not be able to reach now and in the future. This can be out of various reasons. Ignored candidates are hold in memory till shutdown. Its a common way to reduce needless retries, but usually not displayed to the user.
Some of the reasons a candidate might get ignored:
- You and the candidate is firewalled and transfers will never succeed
- You are not firewalled but the other peer but you couldn't find a route back to the firewalled peer to start the download.
- Phex tried a couple of times to connect to that client but always failed and it just gives up.
- The peer reports you it will not let you download because it doesn’t like the Gnutella network.

Private addresses usually get ignored very fast, you either have only a very small chance to connect or no chance at all in case you are firewalled.

Hope it could cleared a few things for you and didn't confuse even more ;-)
Gregor

Last edited by Peerless; July 7th, 2004 at 05:13 PM.