View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2004
Novicius

IMADORK is flying high
Default INSANE Ping Time Problem!

I really like the LimeWire Pro program better than most other P2P's but I only have one complaint at the moment. My ping times are INSANE! I try to ping out to say www.yahoo.com and I am getting replys up to 1800ms (avg is about 750ms) and for those who don't know that is really bad. You are usually shooting for around 20ms or 30ms. I know it's supposed to be higher becuase it's on the P2P network, but when I used to use KaZaA or other P2P's the highest I ever pinged at was 253ms and average was in the 190's. It's getting so high that LimeWire is disconnecting me from my ISP and causing other things I might have going online to crash as well. I am 100% sure I am virus free so that can't be why my times are high. For those who don't know, virus's open ports that alow crap loads of traffic through causing ping times to be high and in some cases your internet to lag, crash rapidly, or not work at all. Sorry for being over technical I just want this post to possibly help others with the same problem I have having and make it easier for them to understand it a little more. I mean, I know I could have just put, INSANE ping times! Any suggestions? But like I said you never know if this helps solve someone elses problem. Anyways, any suggestions on how to keep the program running while keeping my ping times down would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!