View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Call the guy who built it! If it happens for everything, then there's definitely a problem with the way it's been set-up/configured! (Although demo apps annoy me personally. Because the things they do are not permanent, generally can't save these functions for a particular file or has a limited working time.) You paid for a service but it hasn't been provided to be fully sufficient, get them to fix it (at no xtra cost, why should you pay for something they haven't done properly, which is what they offered [an offered service with certain guaranteed & 'expected' ' outcomes])!

Yes CD-R's are a much prefered option than RW's. It'll certainly give you a broader choice of devices to play it on than RW's. Plus they are read more easily than CD-R's (although I did hear from more than one source that for some strange reason some dvd players play RW's better than R's.) The price some CD-R's are nowadays, it's not a problem if one is used purely for experimental reasons. Perhaps I prefer RW's b/c it doesn't waste a CD-R if it doesnt work (let's not forget waste into the environm't.)

You still havent told us the answers to some of our questions such as what your intended output of the music is (audio CD/mp3 CD/portable mp3 player?) Keep in mind that unless you have a portable mp3 player to use for the mp3's, converting the tunes to Audio CD status will 'not' improve their quality, but 'will' allow you to play them in almost any CD player for home, car or portable player. (however mp3 disks can hold 7 to 8 times as many tunes, perhaps more depending upon the conversion quality.)

Try the other mp3 players you've just got a hold of. If the same thing happens then get back to the party that set your comp. up & tell them it's not up to scratch! I'd be interested to hear how things go.