View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2004
Disciple

robin_a is flying high
Default This really sucks

Honestly, I'm not stupid and I usually catch on pretty quickly, but...

I'm really needing your expertise now. I burned my first cd. Thought everything was going great too. 16 songs fit on the CD. No error messages and it took less than 20 minutes. I used Nero Express, recorded an audio CD (not mp3 or WMA), added songs from "MY Music" file which I downloaded from Limewire, changed the writing speed to 48x (because that's what's on the box), then clicked "burn". Thought it went perfectly.

I took it out to the car--nothing. I skipped thru the 16 tracks while in the car, but no music. (It did show 16 tracks, so shouldn't the music be there?)

I brought it back in to my pc, knowing it would sound distorted/choppy when I played it, but still, nothing.
Winamp acts like it playing, but no music comes out (It does show 16 tracks also). AvRack doesn't do anything (but shows 16 tracks). Windows Media Player gives the error message "cannot play back the file. format is not suported." When I check the disc drive at my pc from Windows, 16 little "track" icons are there.

Please help. I really thought I was making headway. Any suggestions as to what I did wrong? thanks