View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2004
Valued Member contributor

LeeWare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Re: Oh, my...

Quote:
Originally posted by orlink
The tips above must be helpfull somehow... Thanks to everyone helping us out! That is very nice from you all... Ignorant users (like me) would never figure out what to do by theirselves. I'm not that ignorant though... have tried many options from above without reading the posts... ever!

But still, my ignorant part just wants to know... Even filtering by quality and speed, the downloads keep getting connected to modem users. This is a pain when you want something bigger than 50 MB... Also, I'm through a OSX firewall and a modem connection... It's being so annoying to search for things that appear to be from good connections and then it starts waiting in line and then connecting to modem users that don't even know what's happening, or ever check the monitors tab...

So ... Am I really doing something wrong or this could be a little fault from Limewire?
I hope that when you say that you are connected via a MODEM you mean a cable modem and not a dialup one. Because if you do, then you really can't complain about your sources all being modem quality hosts. To put it another way, I could give you access to a 100Mbps connected host. But if you are connected via a modem you will only be able to download from that host @ about 45Kbps per second or lower. Limewire would show the speeds at 5-6KB.

Hope this helps.