View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2004
Novicius

boo_hoooo is flying high
Default Re: Re: Down Load Woes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LeeWare
[problem doesn't sound like a limewire problem as much as it is a problem with the sources you are trying to download from. There are three possible causes for your problem. Especially, if you are trying to download popular content . i.e. (usually infringing)#1 There are so many people trying to download from so few hosts. (supply/demand problem.)

#2 Since the early days of P2P there have been companies that place hosts on the network which return results for popular content but are configured in a way so that you can't actually download the files.

#4 Dynamic nature of the network. Don't forget that hosts join and leave the network constantly. Therefore, it is quite possible to perform a search, get results and by the time you go to download the files the hosts that returned the results has left the network i.e. more sources needed.

So i't just a case of timing. I am just happening to have problems at the same time I upgraded. Is there a way to try and get better hook ups? I am semi frusterated, because it feels like I can do the search's and those files come up while I am getting te notices for needing resources. If I go to them and do a search of their computer it comes up and tells me what's in it, but I can't get anything to download from them at that time. Does that make sense?? Am I beating a dead horse and there's actually nothing I am doing "wrong" persa here, I just have to develope a big case of patience....

Arlene

Arlene