Thread: im going insane
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2004
The Soulforged

murasame is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Hey, no, don't get me wrong. I'm not upset or anything. See, there:

Anyway, I don't use LW to dld movies very often, but if I try to download one of around 600Megs, with my current configuration and under the condition that I am downloading it from many users with a high-speed connection (in short, if I dld it in max speed), I would, theoretically, be able to get the file after, uh, an hour and a half. That is only in theory of course it is virtually impossible to maintain top speed for the entire duration and besides, for some reason, I have yet to reach top speed for very very large files (meaning for files of size superior to 100Megs).
FYI, my top speed is 128KB (notice the capital B), which I can reach relatively often for smaller files such as songs and small videos. Also, when I started LW, I could only get speeds of around 5 to 15 KBps, which meant dlding songs took around 15 minutes or less (or more). Now dlding songs takes sometimes less than a minute and I'm not even paying for the fastest connection in France.

Anyway, all I want to say is, try configuring LW using the pointers in this post: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=26906
I'm hoping this will help. If it doesn't then you may want to consider some other things like ISP interference and stuff, but let's leave it at that for now.
ADSL anything from 3 to 8Mbps/around 1024kbps

"Raise your can of Beer on high
And seal your fate forever
Our best years have passed us by
The Golden Age Of Leather"
-Blue Öyster Cult-