View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

1. As far as I know, LW is configured so that your own files don't show up in the search results. It would be a bit silly to dwnld from yourself & would also waste a search's energy to incorporate it.
2. Search results can pick up on mp3 tags which can list artist, album, year, album title no., more specific details about the latter, etc. These details are usually added at the time of encoding into mp3. However, you can edit mp3 tags at any time should you have an mp3 encoder with a tag editor/ mp3 tag editor app. I often re-edit the tag info to change incorrect details or add more.
3. It's up to you whether you want to add the artist's name with the title. Some people do it. However, I'd suggest to get a hold of an mp3 tag editor. This will solve all your questions.
4. As above, this is mp3 id tag info.

Keep in mind there's lots of mp3's offered with incorrect/inaccurate info. It annoys the heck out of everybody b/c these fils show up in the wrong search results.