View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2004
Hey now.

jackiecontruccipizzagirl is flying high
Default Title 17, Section 107

OK I found the actual title. I looked this up on the internet (not that I believe ANYTHING I read on the internet) and couldn't find much in terms of verification but I did find a few other people using it:

"Written material or images copyrighted under U.S. law may be used here without permission. United States Code, Title 17, Section 107, provides for fair use of copyrighted materials for purposes of comment and criticism in a nonprofit manner."

My philosophy on the subject of copyright is, sadly enough, not very helpful to other people. My philosophy is that I'm too poor to be affected. I'm too poor to keep my computer running at night or buy a new one if I run it all the time and the hard drive goes, and therefore I'm probably in the lowest 1% of files downloaded and uploaded. I'm also too poor to bother taking to court if you're Steven Spielberg and you see a picture of Harrision Ford on a website I operate that praises the s*** out of you and your movies anyway.

If Microsoft or any other huge, evil company wanted to make an example out of someone for dressing like a fool in public I'd be their girl; but as far as copyright goes they'd look stupid coming after me. I know this doesn't help saying this, because maybe someday I will have enough money to download zillions of free files....

Wait a minute. Does anyone see the irony in that?