View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

'US' 'Law' has a major play on what gets displayed on the net as such, but their laws are not universal, & copyright laws vary from country to country as to their 'real' control. (It can take quite some effort & time (& a lot more money) to muster an attack upon individuals in countries where the copyright laws don't apply (or even apply for that matter!) It ends up of course on a national political level & man can money walk hand in hand with politics when major political financial supporters kick up the dust! And dust ends up in everybody's eyes (propaganda.) But, when the US is paly with another country, favors can be done. ('Who' was it 'talking' again?) [One way or another it equates to the same language!] I have a friend who had political influence indirectly put upon him via the US to closedown his site in 'more ways than one'. He still publishes his works, though on a more lower level. Requests for his works pm me (do NOT email me!) So much for 'Free Speech'! I wonder why .... So much for democracy & the country of the free. (Free to do what exactly?)