View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2004
Novicius

MangoSam is flying high
Exclamation

murasame,

Quote:
Isn't banning almost exactly what you describe in 3? If so, then it's already available.
What I was more looking for was a more user-friendly method, like, if you downloaded a corrupt file or are pulling up questionable files in your searches, you can click on that record and invoke a command or drag the offending file into a "penalty box" and ban them THAT way.No need to memorize arcane "text strings" of IP addresses. Use the GUI metaphor to do your "dirty work". P;us on swarmed groupings, sometimes the *.* doesn't quite get ALL offending hosts and you need to ferret out all those IPs. How much better would it be to one-click and....voila!

Quote:
Saving searches, huh? Seems nice, but to properly work, the exact same users that returned you these results would have to be online the next time you used any of the saved searches, right?
Only if you want to save the search RESULTS, not the actual searches themselves. I am constantly looking for maybe 4 to 5 dozen tunes at a time and if there's something I cannot stand, it is retyping them every time I restart LimeWire. Gee it'd be great if they were right there when I launched all ready to seek out any sources available at that time.

Sam