View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Have a look at this thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=26973

For OS 8.6 SoundJam MP, Audion 2.x, QDesign MVP, Cabrio, MP3 Rage that I know of. I think there used to be a MacOS version of Winamp (could be mistaken.) See if you can get a hold of any of these. MP3 Rage & Audion are both very good.
Go to your Apple menu items, Control Panels & open File Exchange. In here you make any file open up with the app of your choice (so long as it's compatible.) I'm not presently in OS9 or have been for several months but if I can recall: look for mp3 on the file list. If it's not there, there should be an option to add it. Then add the program of your choice to open it. Do this for your mp3 player. (I've found Audion seems to have the widest range of mp3 codecs so if you can get a hold of this, use t as your primary player.) If you're still having problems get back to us in this thread. If you're having difficulty with File Exchange control panel get back & I'll check it out. I haven't used it for quite some time (yrs).

In regards to files having no icon/LW icon, that's a generic problem with dwnlding files with LW in OS 9 & earlier. If you do the adjustments to the File Exchange control panel that should overcome which app opens these mp3's & might overcome the icon issue as well. (Don't throw these blank icon mp3's away!) Another solution is much more technical! It involves using a utility app (there's a no.) such as Mac Army Knife & using the File Attribute editor. You would change the file's Creator to that of your mp3 player (it's a special name & w/o knowing what player U use I can't tell you - eg: hook for iTunes & possibly need to change File Type also (eg: to mp3/mpg3). Some apps such as Audion will automatically change the file's identity to that of its own Audn. You'd just drag & drop the file onto the player. Which is what you can do with those that have a white icon!

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; August 8th, 2004 at 12:23 AM.