View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2004
Novicius

muziq is flying high
Unhappy LW no longer working on my Mac OS 9.2.2!

HELP!

I was using LimeWire 3.5 (I think) on my Mac PowerBook 2000 model (Firewire) with OS 9.2.2 off & on for several months. Suddenly when I tried to use it last week after not using it for a few months, it refused to download files anymore! I upgraded to LW 4.0.7 and tried again to no avail.

I can search fine, but when I try to download any file it seems to not even try to connect. The file appears below the search results frame but it immediately jumps to status "Need More Sources." When I try to "Resume" it goes throught the "Waiting" countdown but fails to download!

I asked a friend of mine who uses LW on PC if he was experiencing issues since he's on the same ISP I am, but he is not. Then I downloaded LW today and installed it on my wife's PC. I was able to successfully download files on her system.

What up? Why is LW broken all of a sudden?

Please help. This was the only file sharing program I found that worked on classic Macs, so if this breaks I don't know what I can do. (I don't have the $$ to upgrade to OS X and have to buy all new software...)

Thanks!

muziq