View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Media player to my knowledge will not play video (happy to be corrected). However you can launch videos via LW which will open your default video player for that file. You need to have dwnlded at least a small % before you can preview (launch) it. It sounds to me you don't have the correct codecs for your video players. If none of your other apps will play the file it's either corrupt, needs a certain codec to play, or is a 'virus'. Some files simply don't play very well or not at all anyway (corrupt) possibly due to their particular encoding technique. I certainly don't know about this player that's showing up. Sure it's not the sole survivor of a previous app you once used? If you can find any app that opens it, them go to properties of that file & make that app the default player for it. Perhaps you also might try looking around for alternative players. VLC (not a great app but) will play most video types without having to obtain xtra codecs. There's many others.