View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2004

trap_jaw4 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by et voilą
I'm not sure about what you mean here. LW isn't checking downloads against the tiger tree before the final hashing? (well it looks that way as of now) Even with LW verifying a tiger tree chunk that is corrupted while downloaded, you'll have to quarantine hostile clients to finish the download. The yesterdays gnucleus hosts was only 1 of 75 sources, but it always had open uploads slots with great speed -- seems to be intentional to me---. LW gotta protect downloads from those hostiles.
I have noted that there seems to be some correlation between the amount of file corruption and the number of GnucDNA based clients you download from. I couldn't verify it yet because the GnucDNA source code isn't very readable - plus the source code doesn't seem to be available via sourceforge's cvs anymore (although that might just be some temporary server failure).

I have also been working on an improved security feature allowing to ban hostile vendors a little easier, if it makes its way in the mainline you could simply edit your limewire.props file to ban them instead of editing the sources.

Last edited by trap_jaw4; August 16th, 2004 at 05:10 AM.