View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I didn't want to attempt answerring this b/c I thought it'd be too difficult (but since nobody else has yet.) Have you configured for LW to get thru the firewall/router with both LW & the latter? The fact you've connected before suggests you have but check anyway. If I can quote a member here, murasame, go to Limewire->Preferences and click on the Bug Reports selection. There, click for an example and scroll down to the part where it says: Recieved incoming this session. If it says true then Limewire does not have a problem from Firewall. If it says false, Firewall(s) are blocking the connection.
I presume you're using Java 1.4.2? Are you using pro or LW standard. May I suggest you even try LW beta 4.1.4 & more details about it at http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...hreadid=27366. Apparently the newer version is supposed to have better firewall support.