View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2004
Novicius

Gandalf Istari is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
Likewise I don't have a great understanding of this issue (so why am I answering?) As you said, it helps you to be connected related to language & culture, & locally. But I think one of its main purposes is to allow you to connect quickly.

Obviously people of the same lang & cult will offer similar files for sharing. I believe it's based on your OS java lang settings.

Likewise I did a search of the forum & only found partial references to this topic. Some you might have missed I will list here. I read that it's not good to list the Locale Preferencing too high. And in certain circumstances setting it to zero for finding rare files or for connection problems might pay off on certain occasions. I have left the red highlights in for ease of finding these short references: #1, & #2 , & #3 , & #4 , & #5 , & #6

A nice clear definition from any moderators happily welcomed.
I appreciate the links, but those were the threads I had already read through and didn't really learn a whole lot.

Here's to hoping that someone in the know will come along and explain Locale Preferencing a little better.

/fingers crossed