Thread: Launch problems
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Of course in OS 9 u can manually allocate memory to QT. Just click onto the app once & press Cmd+I & down the lower part of the window that opens you'll see suggested & recommended memory allocations. You can usually at least change the 2nd figure (suggsted amount I think) by highlighting the figure & typing in your own amount. Depending on the app such as LW you can change memory for both minimum & max. allocations.

QT in OS 9 is far better than OSX which is 'so' limited (can't even play vcd's). However, you cannot rely upon QT to play everything u come across. At least macimise QT by making sure all your plugins are turned on: go to QT Prefs & MIME settings & tick all plugins.

But all the same, you should get yourself(ves) alternative players for both audio & video. For audio I would highly recomend iTunes & Audion 2.6.2 (& possibly mp3 Rage.) For video you'll need to look around. I was going to suggest VLC & only a week ago an older version of vlc was available for dwnld but now that page has been replaced with this:
Attached Images
File Type: gif vlc-os9.gif (28.2 KB, 356 views)