View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2004
Novicius

blusmoke_99 is flying high
Default Mac OSX/Limewire Pro will NOT connect!

I have a Mac G4 running OS 10.2.8. I have been a Limewire Pro subscriber and participant for six months. During all of that time, Limewire worked flawlessly. Two weeks ago, I disconnected my Mac from my Cable modem for approximately 20 minutes. Since reconnecting, Limewire will not connect. I have not changed any settings on my computer. I have deleted preferences and restarted Limewire. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the current software and beta version of Limewire. As I write this, Limewire says "Quality: Connecting" with four red bars. The masthead says "Disconnected/no files available" and when I click "Connect" nothing happens. If I leave this software on for 24 hours, Limewire will read "Quality: Turbocharged" (as it always did in the past), but that is an illusion...because I am still not conncted to the network. This is very disappointing. I am NOT a computer genius, but rather someone who knows just enough to be dangerous. I need serious help here! One final note: i contacted my ISP and they reset my modem...everything else is working properly. Anyone???? Your help and input will be much appreciated.