View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2004
Enthusiast

sonnet is flying high
Smile

I wonder if my ISP limits my connection. Like Techwomyn I am very lucky to get 8K, 12-15K, wow! the rare times I see 30K flash for one brief second. The other day, out of frustration, I tried BitTorrent: once it got going, it *flew*. Close to 300K.

I use Earthlink; however, in the city I live in, it really isn't Earthlink's servers I go through: I go through RoadRunner, and then I hit a bottleneck of AOL servers.

Re: The freeloaders: Once I got frustrated with them, so I shared a text file along w each program file I shared. It was worded so anyone doing a search for all types of files would pull it up. The file's name was: "If you are looking for [insert app] ..." and the accompanying text said, "You will not be able to upload it if you are a freeloader. Try sharing some files of your own for a change!"

I know that was bad, but I just couldn't help myself.

PowerMac G4 933 with ISP Brighthouse/Roadrunner broadband 15/2 connection running Mac OS X 10.2.8

~~~~~~~~

Details of my computer (firewall, RAM, hard disk), network set-up, country, and all can be found here: http://limewiresettings.jottit.com/